Pima Eviction Prevention Program
Family Housing Resources was one of ten regional nonprofit agencies to support the Pima Eviction Prevention program by processing cases as they were submitted into the system by both tenants and landlords.
Within less than 14 weeks $2.8 Million in funds were distributed through 911 completed cases. The unique dual applicant approach, coupled with the use of adapted customer service and engagement software, made the program efficient and effective.
This program is currently out of funding but is offering a WAIT LIST for those in need. Please review current program requirements (subject to change with additional funding resources).
- Tenant lives in Pima County
- Tenant is at risk of eviction
- Tenant has experienced a financial crisis due to COVID-19
- Household income does not exceed 120% of Area Median Income
- At least one person in household is a legal resident in the U.S.
- Tenant completes an application and submits proper documentation
- Rent is $2,000/month or less (or landlord agrees to lower payment if higher)
- Payment request does not include months already covered by another rental/eviction assistance program
- Landlord agrees to Eviction Payment Plan with renter, which includes:
- Waiving late fees or interest payments on late rent;
- Commitment not to further pursue eviction during period covered;
- Reversing/withdrawing eviction proceedings
- Providing additional documentation (e.g. lease agreement, proof of last payment made, etc.)